Explore

October 21, 2014

Polka Dot Colored Pencils



'Ever loved frills, embellishments, rococo styles and vintage details?
If yes, thanks! We both fancy that sense of ornamentation.
Simplicity may say a lot, but I sometimes find boredom in it.
To a younger heart, a play of colors will spice the monotony of grandeur.
I thought a mix of the youthful energy and the classic gold makes an elegant taste. 
 


When we were still kids, a pencil is a good start to learn how to write and doodle.
A wood pencil with its core called lead. I'd rather call it a graphite pencil because it really isn't lead.
And of course, it's black. As an architect, black is holy. Next to it is grey and white.
Everything in black monochrome is perfect. But dear, why live to that convention?
I love adventure, so my fetish for more intricacies. 
Colorful means happiness to me.
 


Today, I was bored and did a 5 minute dress up therapy for my pencils.
They needed a little fashion and these pencils deserve it. Why not?


The colored pencils were in classic plain wood, in fact I love that idea. 
It has no details but only the colored core of the wood, which is the pigment at the center.

 
 
These colored pencils are housed and kept in a cylinder carton case.
Perhaps this gave all that 18th century rococo touch.
It was so feminine, but I bet my kids won't enjoy it much.
 
 
At a glance, you'd think that the pencil case is meant for my grandmom.
But as you open the pencil case which was made of this fancy prints in carton,
there's a sense of 'fun' to it. Rainbow colored pencils in it! Surprise :-)
 



To bring posh to these cute colored pencils... let's go crafty crazy!
Here goes my washi tape to the rescue!
I was thinking of using a vintage patterned paper or masking tape to match the case.
But the polka dots are darling! This one is a bit translucent.
They go by the different pigments of the pencils and bring a rather formal array of print.
I love polka dots like I do with M&Ms and Skittles!

 
 



Just some cut here and there. The washi tape is so easy to use.
No difference with a regular adhesive tape.
It easily peels off in case you change your mind.
Just do so and the wood finish of the pencil won't scratch.
 
The washi tapes are usually found at your local craft store which sells scrapbooking materials.
Some school and office supply stores may also offer so many washi tape selections.
This is how they call it - tissue tape, paper tape, masking tape... depending on texture.





 
Normally wood pencils come in glossy finish.
Some pencils are made of recycled materials and can be a bit of rough textured.
So you may want to choose a washi masking tape for that.



*Home cherish*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!